Thursday, February 04, 2010

Weather or not...

Since I usually get my local weather from Israel Meteorological Service, it didn't really bother me per se that Yahoo Weather stopped showing Ariel, Israel weather. I noticed they reorganized things so it became less convenient to get Ariel's weather (and try as I might I couldn't get it to save as my default weather. It kept giving me Sunnyvale, California).

What DID bother me though was it kept giving me Jenin, PA Occupied Territories as my nearest location.

Uh.. Jenin doesn't have a weather station. The nearest one to Jenin is... Ariel.

Well look, I could go on about this, but Omri Ceren over at Mere Rhetoric does it better.

If you'd like to see Jenin weather, look here. It's weird because I don't see any way to get to any of the "Pal.OccTerr" from the Yahoo weather page. When I click the link, it says "Weather > Palestinian Occupied Territories > West Bank > Jenin". If you click on the first weather, there's no POT choice. Plus on the 'West Bank' list, there's no Jenin...

Curiouser and curiouser...

1 comment:

Batya said...

Crazy, isn't it. They recognize a faux country but not a real city. And can you imagine how hard it is to register on some sites that I live in Shiloh, Israel?