Sunday, January 18, 2009

Chicken-Veggie Pizza



The chicken veggie pizza... it came out quite good - the chicken was NOT too dry... although I did leave it too long on the plata to heat so the crust came out a bit too crunchy... but still...

Dough:
3 cups flour
1 Tbsp instant dry yeast
1 tsp. salt
1/3 cup warm water
1 cup apple juice or water

Mix the flour, yeast and salt together. Add the liquid and mix thoroughly, adding more flour as needed. Knead and let rise for 1 1/2 hours.

Sauce:
small can of tomato paste
some water to thin it out, but not too thin
seasoning: salt, black pepper, garlic powder, oregano

Toppings:
Chicken breast, diced
chopped meat
assorted veggies

I used chopped meat I had from when I made burgers earlier in the week so it was seasoned with garlic powder and oregano. The veggies I used were diced onions and green peppers... if TC hadn't been with us, I'd probably have used fresh mushrooms as well. I'd though about frozen corn, but changed my mind.

To assemble:
Flatten out the dough onto a cookie sheet or other flat surface. Spread on the sauce. The top with first the chicken, then the chopped meat and finally the veggies. Bake for 20-30 minutes in a 350 degree oven.

No comments: