Thursday, December 27, 2007

Hey Neener Neener

Originally posted December 4, 2000

Ok, I'll be the first to admit, it's childish and petty. And the fact that I get pleasure from it just shows me to be the perverted sadist I really am.

And that I'll admit to all this and put it out in a public forum, I shudder to think what a therapist might say.

But I don't care.

Driving past the checkpoints...long lines of cars with green and white or white and green license plates, stopped by soldiers, waiting their turns to give ID and move on. Only to have to repeat the process 50 kilometers down the road...and on the trip home.

Whilst I, or rather whatever yellow and black license-plated vehicle I'm in, passes these lines and goes merrily on my way...ok, not exactly merrily, since the driver has his gun in his lap and we're all on the lookout for rock-throwers....

No comments: